The COVID 19 has damaged the world in a big way, and the entertainment industry like Hollywood is no exception. Many films and TV shows in Hollywood have been on the waitlist for release. But there are show no signs of their release date so far. These include movies like No Time to Die of James Bond, Mulan and Sonic the Hedgehog to name a few. These movies have been canceled or pushed ahead. The Business Insider reports suggest that the virus has added a loss of $1 billion of revenue in Hollywood.
Paul Dergarabedian (Comscore senior media analyst), while talking to the Business Insider, feels that uncertainty in releasing different films have hampered the yearly box office numbers in a big way. The surge of the COVID 19 virus has resulted in the cancellation of various musical shows and events in the US and other parts of the world. Some of these include the big time shows like BTS and Green Day which have pulled down the dates in Asia. The shutdown of the shoots also has kept everything pending in the Industry.
Some of the Hollywood films that have been pushed to unknown dates in 2021 are as under:
- Candyman – The first to name in this list is the film Candyman by Universal Pictures. The film was supposed to hit the floor in October, but now the makers have pushed the date till 2021.
- Spider-Man 3 – This film has remained the most awaited one in Hollywood. However, Tom Holland’s threequel has no signs of its release. The third installment has been pushed to November 2021, and now we hear that it is again pushed to December. Thus the fans have to face a tough time waiting for their third favorite installment for Spider-Man in this COVID 19 outbreak.
- New York Comic-Con – The film produced by ReedPop was announced to release on 11th August this year. However, it never happened. Later, the makers streamed the same on YouTube in October 2020.
- Mission: Impossible 7 and 8 – Both installments 7 and 8 for the franchise – Mission Impossible have been pushed ahead amid this COVID outbreak. The film was planned to release in June 2020. However, with the lockdown continuing, the makers have pushed the date for a Christmas release. While the eighth installment is likely to release in July 2021. Now, it’s only a ‘wait and watch’ for both films.
- The Hills: New Beginnings – Not only the films but also the TV shows are badly affected by this pandemic. The popular TV channel – MTV has put all the production of its reality shows, including the second season of the show called Page Six, on hold. It was supposed to hit the channel in July. The makers could shoot only for three episodes with the star cast, but the sudden shutdown has hampered the show in a big way. They are yet to announce the new dates for the show.
The list in Hollywood is long as far as the number of delayed or canceled movies, TV shows, and other digital ventures are concerned. All thanks to the pandemic’s ongoing woes, Hollywood’s impact is huge in terms of revenue and other losses.