Did you know you can DIY Easter eggs and make elegant eggs with scarves and silk ties? Here we have brought to you a wonderful idea for making Easter eggs at home. You can wrap eggs in silk and boil them in a solution of water and vinegar. You can make beautiful and charming Easter Eggs at home this year. If you do not own any scarves or silk ties, you can purchase them at a local thrift store for very little money. You can use silk up to 3 times and hence obtain your money’s worth.
These Easter Eggs will not be edible. The dyes that may be on the scarf or the ties may not be edible. We suggest using blown-out eggs if you wish to save your designs and store these eggs for upcoming years.
The Materials you shall need are –
Scarves or Silk ties. Make sure they are 100% silk.
Pipe Cleaner, Rubber bands or Twist Ties
Raw Eggs or Blown Out Eggs. You can use a mixture of white and brown.
A White Fabric like from a dish towel or an Old Tshirt
The Tools you shall need are-
A non-reactive pot like an enamel pot or a stainless steel pot. Do not use aluminium.
Scissors and Seam Ripper
How to Make Easter Eggs –
1. Cut the scarves or the ties into square-shaped pieces that can fit around the egg. If you are cutting ties, you can start by opening the back of the tie using scissors or a seam ripper. You can throw away the tags and lining after you have removed them.
2. Now wrap the silk on the egg. Make sure the printed side of the cloth is facing down towards the egg. Tie the top with a rubber band or a twist tie.
3. Now take the silk-wrapped egg and wrap it with a white piece of fabric. Make sure to secure this as well.
4. Place all the wrapped eggs in the non-reactive pot. Cover the eggs with cold water by filling the pot completely.
5. Now add 3 TBSP of white vinegar to this water. Boil it and then turn the heat down to let it simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Use tongs or spoons to remove the eggs one by one from the water and set them on a dish or a tray. Let them cool.
7. Unwrap the eggs once they have cooled down. You will see beautiful designs on the eggs.
8. You can showcase these beautiful Easter Eggs on a dish or in a bowl. You can also add a shine to these eggs by rubbing a little vegetable oil on them.
You can celebrate Easter with an adorable Easter egg hunt using these Instagram worthy eggs. You can create inventive designs and ensure you have a stylish holiday. You can set up a craft and art table and do this dye job with your entire family. Happy Hunting.